Bronco Pep Band
About Us History Photos Music FAQ Links Calendar
Frequently Asked Questions

How much practice is involved?

Currently the Pep Band practices every Wednesday from 6:30PM to 8:30PM outside the Kellogg Gym.

Can I be a part of other clubs/activities, work AND do Pep Band?

Of course! Many Pep Band members are involved in numberous other organizations around campus! However, we do expect members to be active and attend both rehersals/events.

Where does the Pep Band perform?

The Bronco Pep Band plays at all or most of Cal Poly Pomona Men's and Women's sports games including basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball. As well as other events both on and off campus throughout the year.

Do I have to be a music major to join?

No, being a music major is not required for the Pep Band.

Does the Pep Band travel?

It depends but usually yes. In previous years we have travelled to San Francisco, San Diego and to various Cal States and UC schools around southern and northern California in support of our teams.

Do I have to be a full time student to join the band?

Yes, in order to become a member of the Pep Band you do have to be a full time student.

What if I have a class that conflicts with Pep Band?

If you have a class that conflicts with the band practice schedule you have several options:

-Choose another section of the same class

-Try taking a different class in the fall and shift that class to the spring quarter

-If all else fails, talk to the director about arriving a few minutes late to practice.


Back to Home Page
For more information about the Bronco Pep Band contact us at: