Skip To Main Content

The Legacy

Cal Poly Pomona as we know it today was established with the help of two major gifts of property. In 1938 Charles B. Voorhis, founder of the Voorhis School for Boys in San Dimas, California, donated his 157-acre Oak Knoll Ranch to serve as the southern branch campus of Cal Poly. The second major gift of property came from cereal magnate W.K. Kellogg, who in 1949 contributed his 813-acre hilltop Arabian horse ranch located on the outskirts of Pomona. Today, that land is the core of the 1,400 acres that serves as the campus for California State Polytechnic University, Pomona.

You may already qualify for membership

The Kellogg/Voorhis Heritage Society invites participation from alumni, faculty, staff, parents, friends and supporters who have included the university in their estate plans or have made gifts of future interest. The university recognizes this group as an essential partner in its future. Membership is extended to those who make any one of the following commitments:

  • Include the university as a beneficiary in a living trust or will
  • Name the university as the beneficiary (partial beneficiary) to a life insurance policy
  • Name the university as a beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement program
  • Establish a planned gift to the university which may include a future interest in real estate (home or farm), charitable remainder trust or charitable lead trust

Benefits of Membership

  • The opportunity to leave a legacy of support for current students as well as future generations is the true membership benefit. In addition, society members will receive the following recognition:
  • Special invitations to university functions
  • Certificate of membership
  • Society lapel pin