Notarization of Documents
How to Request Notarization of Transcripts, Diplomas, and Degree Verification Letters
Documents which need to be notarized must be original, sealed, and submitted directly to a University official by the student, we cannot work with third party services.
If you need to have a Cal Poly Pomona diploma, transcript, or degree verification letter notarized by the University, please follow the steps outlined below:
1) Complete the "Notarization Request Form" (Please add any additional notes to the back of the form)
3) Once you have received all documents that need to be notarized, return the Notarization Request Form, along with all required and supporting documents as a single packet to One Stop Student Services to be processed.
- Duplicate diploma requests will take a minimum of 1 week to process*
- Duplicate diplomas may take up to 4 weeks to arrive to you, or the University, after your request has been submitted*
- Transcripts may take up to 20 days to be processed and returned to the Registrar's Office*
- Requests for degree verification letters may take up to 3 business days to be written*
- The process for notarization may take up to 7 business days to complete (this is in addition to the time it will take to process duplicate diploma, transcript, and degree verification requests)*
- The Registrar's Office is unable to provide apostille services, please make arrangements with an apostille service agency, or follow the directions outlined in the U.S. Department of State's website
*Processing timelines may vary due to campus holiday closures, or to high volumes of requests being processed; please submit requests well in advance of any deadlines you may have.