Notarization & Authentication of Documents
How to Request Notarization or Authentication of Transcripts, Diplomas, & Degree Verification Letters
Documents which need to be Notarized or Authenticated must be original, sealed, and submitted directly to a University official by the student, we cannot work with third party services.
If you need to have a Cal Poly Pomona Diploma, transcript, or degree verification letter notarized or authenticated by the University, please follow the steps outlined below:
1) Complete the "Notarization & Document Authentication Request Form" (Please add any additional notes to the back of the form)
3) Once you have received all documents that need to be notarized or Authenticated, return the Notarization & Document Authentication Request Form, along with all required and supporting documents as a single packet to the Bronco Advising Center to be processed.
- The Document Authentication request may be used if an entity is requesting that the University provide verification that a document issued is original and legitimate. If this option is chosen, an official letter signed by the Registrar, and affixed with the University seal will be attached to the document in question (e.g. Diploma, Transcript, Degree Verification Letter)
- The Notarization request should be utilized if an entity is requesting that a notary witness the signature of the Registrar on a letter affirming the authenticity of the document in question (this process should be used is an apostille is required)
- Duplicate diploma requests will take a minimum of 1 week to process
- Duplicate diplomas may take up to 3 weeks to arrive to you, or the University, after your request has been submitted
- Transcripts may take up to 20 days to be processed and returned to the Registrar's Office
- Requests for degree verification letters may take up to 3 business days to be written
- The process for notarization may take up to 8 business days to complete (this is in addition to the time it will take to process duplicate diploma, transcript, and degree verification requests)
- The process for document authentication may take up to 4 business days to complete (this is in addition to the time it will take to process duplicate diploma, transcript, and degree verification requests)
- The Registrar's Office is unable to provide apostille services, please make arrangements with an apostille service agency, or follow the directions outlined in the California Secretary of State's Website
Processing timelines may vary due to campus holiday closures, or high volumes of requests being processed; please submit your request well in advance of any deadlines you may have.