Early Commencement Participation Information
Early Commencement Participation for Undergraduate Students
Early Commencement Participation (ECP) is available to students that will not be completing their graduation requirements at the end of Spring Quarter. The online ECP form will be available from February 1, 2017 to April 14, 2017. The deadline to submit the ECP application is April 14, 2017. Late applications are not accepted. Students approved for ECP will have their names printed in the Commencement Program. Students must meet the following requirements to qualify for ECP:
- At the time of submitting the ECP application, the student must only have 8 or fewer units to complete after the end of Spring Quarter.
- All deficiencies must be cleared before submitting the ECP application. For example, outstanding transcripts from other institutions, course substitution petitions, grade forgiveness, etc…may impact eligibility.
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 in Major Core, CPP and Overall)
Applications will be reviewed in the order received. Students will be notified via email about their eligibility on May 2, 2017. A $59 fee will be applied to the student’s financial account if the student is eligible to participate.
Students eligible to participate in ECP will not be recognized for Academic Honors at Commencement.
Students that are denied ECP may request a second review.
Students will need to apply and pay for graduation the quarter they plan on completing all their requirements to graduate.
Click here to apply for 2017 Early Commencement Participation for Undergraduate Students
*Available starting February 1, 2017 through April 14, 2017
2017 Interim Early Commencement Participation Guidelines for Graduate Students (Master & Doctoral)
Do not apply for Early Commencement Participation (ECP) if…
- you have already completed your degree (Summer 2016, Fall 2016 or Winter 2017) OR
- you will be completing your degree at the end of Spring 2017
Master students may apply for ECP if the following criteria are met:
- Will complete the writing for their culminating experience (thesis or project) by the end of Spring 2017.
- Will enroll in Summer 2017 to defend their thesis/project and/or complete all final edits of the product.
- Summer 2017 enrollment is required to utilize the ECP option. Consult with BroncoDirect's Summer 2017 projected course offerings in your program prior to filing an ECP application. Programs without culminating experience summer courses are not able to accommodate student requests.
- Passed the GWT
- Good Academic Standing
Doctoral students may apply for ECP if the following criteria are met:
- Will enroll in Summer 2017, complete their culminating experience, defend their dissertation, and submit the dissertation to the Library in Summer 2017
- Good Academic Standing
The online application is due April 14, 2017. Late applications are not accepted. Students will be notified via email about their eligibility on May 2, 2017. A $59 fee will be applied to the student’s financial account if the student is eligible to participate.
Click here to apply for 2017 Early Commencement Participation for Graduate Students
*Available starting March 14, 2017 through April 14, 2017
Spring Quarter Deadlines
Spring 2017 Early Commencement Participation Application Period
Your name will be printed in the Commencement Program if you apply by the deadline and are eligible
Spring Graduation & Early Commencement Participation Applicants will be notified on eligibility to participate in Commencement via email
February 1, 2017 – April 14, 2017
May 2, 2017
Students (undergraduate & graduate) who participate in Commencement without authorization will be fined $200. Please do not show up to Commencement if you are not eligible for graduation or early participation.
Please evaluate your degree progress before applying for Spring Graduation OR Early Commencement Participation. Do not apply for both Spring Graduation and Early Commencement Participation.
There are no refunds if you applied prematurely for graduation or accidentally applied for the wrong quarter.
For more information on graduation, please email Jennifer Andelin, Lead Transfer and Graduation Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.