- "Guidelines of the American Society of Mammalogists (ASM) for the use of wild mammals in Research" (PDF) RS Sikes and the ASM ACUC, published 2016
- U.S. Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Administration
- Guidelines for Use of Live Amphibians and Reptiles in Field and Laboratory Research (second edition revised by Herpetological Animal Care and Use Committee [HACC] of the American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists [ASIH]) (PDF)
- The Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Research and Teaching (PDF) is a publication of the Federation of Animal Science Societies (email@example.com). It is available (as a PDF) for download from FASS or by clicking the link here.
- updated USDA animal care policies:
- USDA animal welfare inspection guide: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_welfare/downloads/Inspection%20Guide%20-%20November%202013.pdf
- Links to topics on the OLAW website, including ethics, organizations, government documents, publications, and other resources.
- 2013 Edition of the AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals
- Oversight of Research Involving Wildlife webinar; broadcast on March 20, 2014; posted on the OLAW website; wildlife biologist Robert Sikes presents suggestions and a sample IACUC protocol form to facilitate IACUC review of research involving wildlife.
- What Investigators Need to Know About the Use of Animals. From the ILAR Journal, Volume 54(3). In this article, OLAW reviews expectations and requirements for investigators when using animals in research. Here you will learn about investigator responsibilities starting from the early stages of project planning, to applying for funding and post-award.
Experimental Design and Statistics: From the ILAR Journal, Volume 55(3). The review articles in this issue discuss current methods of animal research to address what can be done to improve the quality of animal experiments, choice of animal model, and the systematic review and meta-analysis of animal experiments.
- Animal Welfare Inspection Guide: Here is a link to a document the Veterinary Medical Officer uses when inspecting facilities that house covered species.