[updated 27 February 2017]
Prior to conducting animal research or teaching, the PI (Principal Investigator) must:
2. Complete a Risk Assessment Screening Questionnaire (RASQ). All individuals who will come in contact with University animals are required to complete and submit this questionnaire.
- electronic eRASQ is the preferred method of submission.
3. Below is the link to the protocol application. Please make sure you are using the latest version of the protocol application or upon submission, you will be asked to rewrite your protocol onto the current version in use. Please note that the signature page needs to be mailed to the Office of Research Compliance (Building 1-229). This is a requirement for protocol approval. Once approved, the protocol is valid for 3 years.
- ACUC Protocol Approval Application Form (version 5 July 2016)
- to submit: https://academic.cpp.edu/animalcare
A faculty member is the Principal Investigator (PI) of his/her protocol. All PIs are responsible for completing and submitting the necessary documentation (eRASQ, protocol application, CITI training, other relevant training) for their protocol to the Office of Research either through the ePS (electronic Protocol System) or mailed in (1-229). The PI is also responsible for documentation for other personnel listed on their protocol.
4. Protocol Upkeep:
- Revisions of protocols in review should be uploaded through the ePS.
- If you would like to amend any part of your approved protocol, please click the link to learn more Protocol Amendments (version 6 April 2015).
- Annual Reports must be submitted every year that the protocol is valid. An email reminder is sent to the PI regarding their animal use status; the annual report submission link is inlcuded in that email.