The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at Cal Poly Pomona assists faculty and staff to obtain externally funded research support. The office is a central source of information on major government agencies, foundations, and corporations which support research. The staff is focused on helping faculty and staff on campus to seek and administer both internal and external funding for research, scholarship and creative activities and public service related efforts. The goal is to help grow the research and scholarly capacity of the institution to support the creation of opportunities for students for hands-on learning experience consistent with the institutional education philosophy of "Learning-by-Doing" thereby better preparing Cal Poly graduates for the knowledge based economy. It is accomplished through a collaborative effort by faculty, staff, students and the research centers on campus.
- Educational workshops on various topics related to external funding
- Match faculty interests with funding opportunities
- Guide faculty and staff on proposal development and grant writing
- Guide faculty and staff on budget preparations for proposals
- Help faculty in proposal review and approval and final submission to sponsors
- Review proposals to assure that they are in compliance with Federal and University policies
- Review budgets to assure that they are compliant with Federal and University policies
- Assemble all required certification and assurance forms; assemble final proposal, and submit
- Cayuse 424 (Electronic Proposal Submission)
- Negotiate contracts with funding agencies
- Post-award administration guidance in collaboration with the Office of Grants & Contracts at the Cal Poly Pomona Foundation, Inc.
- Facilitate compliance with funding agencies' requirements and Cal Poly policies