About the Technology Transfer/Industry Clinic Office
The office has been tasked with encouraging, developing, protecting and commercializing technological advances and other intellectual property at Cal Poly Pomona.
The purpose of Cal Poly Pomona’s Technology Transfer Office (TTO) is to assist faculty, students, staff and administration with intellectual property issues, protection, patenting and commercialization of research developed at the University.
The Office operates in a manner consistent with the University’s mission to educate, conduct research, and serve the community of scholars, industry, and partnerships. The TTO provides a menu of services to those it serves including the following:
- Advising when an inventive discovery has occurred in research
- Filing a Disclosure with the TTO
- Patentability and filing a patent application
- Publications and Scientific Presentations for public disclosure
- Confidentiality Agreements or Non-Disclosure when discussing research
- Intellectual property clauses in contracts, grants, and other documents
- Commercial interest in the invention, licensing
- Partnering with Industry to support research