In order to be considered for the study, you must meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of five years teaching experience Teach in one of the following elementary schools:
- Treatment: Cortez, Diamond Point, Golden Springs, La Verne Science Tech, Philadelphia or Vejar
- Control: Arroyo, Decker, Harrison, Kellogg, Lopez, or Pantera
- Peer: Alcott, Armstrong, Arroyo, Barfield, Kingsley, Lexington, Lincoln, Madison, Montvue, Ranch Hills, San Antonio, San Jose, Washington, Westmont
- Commitment to the full length of the program
- Support of your administrator
- Digital picture of your classroom
- Submission of a written response to an open-ended prompt.
Recruitment for cohort 1 (teachers of grades 4-6; treatment & control) will take place in February of 2014.
Recruitment for cohort 2 (teachers of grades K-3; treatment & control) will take place October through June 2015.
- Application materials are due by June 30, 2015
- Confirmation of participation will take place in July of 2015
Recruitment for cohort 1 peer teachers (teachers of grades 4-6) will take place January through June 2016.
- Application materials are due by June 3, 2016
- Confirmation of participation will take place by June 3, 2016
- Pre-assessments scheduled for May 4, 2016
Recruitment for cohort 2 peer teachers (teachers of grades K-3) will take place January through May 2017.
- Application materials are due by May 1, 2017
- Confirmation of participation will take place by May 5, 2017
After receiving the applicant’s information, support from their administrator, picture of their classroom and reflective paragraph, the materials will be reviewed by the RESPeCT research team. The research team will carefully analyze and score the materials submitted by the applicants to ensure they meet the program criteria and to select among the applicants.