Skip To Content

Medical Emergencies


  • In the event of a serious illness or injury on campus, immediately call University Police. Dial 9-1-1 on a campus phone; do not use 9-1-1 on a cell phone. Dial (909) 869-3070 to access University Police on a cell phone.
  • Do not move a seriously injured person, or one who appears to be seriously ill, unless it is a life-threatening situation.
  • Give your name, location and telephone number, and as much information as possible regarding the nature of the injury or illness, and say whether the victim is conscious.
  • All on-campus injuries, even though minor, must be reported to your immediate supervisor.
  • The university has an agreement with MEDIC-1 ambulance so that any injured or ill person will be transported to Student Health during business hours at no charge to the patient. Dial (909) 869-3070 to request medical transport.

First aid

  • Campus police officers are trained in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). An automatic external defibrillator is available through University Police. Do not attempt to render first aid unless you have been trained to do so.
  • Remain with the victim until campus police officers arrive. Keep the ill or injured person as calm and comfortable as possible. You should list the names of persons in your building or department who are trained in first aid and/or CPR, should they be needed. Also list the location of the nearest first-aid kit.

Related Links


  • Dial 911 on a campus phone
  • Dial (909) 869-3070 from a mobile device
  • Blue Light Emergency Phones on campus connect with University Police

University Police

  • (909) 869-3070

Counseling Services

  • (909) 869-3220
  • After hours: (909) 869-3220, then press option 2

Student Health Services

  • (909) 869-4000
  • After hours nurse hotline: (855) 868-4945

Emergency Hotline

  • (866) 869-7659 or (866) 869-POLY

Environmental Health & Safety

  • (909) 869-4697

Facilities Management

  • (909) 869-3030