Safety and Security Resources
Numerous programs and services contribute to a safe campus. Learn more in the links provided.
- Annual Security Report - The report includes the campus security police, crime statistics and fire safety report. It is released Oct. 1 of each year.
CPPLifeMatters by Empathia - This program for employees provides resources, guidance, problem assessment, short-term counseling and referrals.
Emergency Plan Summary and Self-Help Guide - This summary document (PDF) details the coordination of university and community resources to protect life and property immediately following a natural or man-made disaster.
Emergency Services Office - This office oversees the emergency management plan and provides on-going training and consultation on emergency preparedness.
Environmental Health & Safety - EH&S provides technical consultation, training and inspection in an effort to provide an environmentally safe place to work, study and visit.
PolyCARES (Violence Prevention) - This program aims to prevent campus violence before it starts. The program proactively identifies, assesses and offers a coordinated institutional response to those who pose a risk to themselves, others and/or the campus community.
Residential Safety Information - Information for residential students about personal safety and emergency preparedness.
Risk Management - This office was developed to protect the physical, human resources and financial assets of the university while reducing exposure to accidental loss.
- Safety and Emergency Information - Information on emergency procedures, communication and safety resources.
Safety Escort Service - Students can be escorted by a Community Service Officer from class to a safe campus destination, such as the parking lot, residential hall/suite, or the University Village.
Safety Training - EH&S provides on-going training for employees to ensure that the campus continues to be a safe place to work, study and visit.
- Dial 911 on a campus phone
- Dial (909) 869-3070 from a mobile device
- Blue Light Emergency Phones on campus connect with University Police
- (909) 869-3070
- (909) 869-3220
- After hours: (909) 869-3220, then press option 2
- (909) 869-4000
- After hours nurse hotline: (855) 272-1723
- (866) 869-7659 or (866) 869-POLY
- (909) 869-6981
- (909) 869-4697
- (909) 869-3030