Academic Advising Resources
*All download links are in PDF format unless otherwise stated.
Biological Sciences Advising Center
- Advising Help Hotline: firstname.lastname@example.org (909) 869-2730, or the Department Office (909)-869-4038
- Bio Sci Advising Center (8-117): drop-in; contact the Department Office for hours
- List of Biological Sciences Department Advisors (PDF), Faculty Office Hours
- College of Science Advising Center (Rm 3-1645): drop-in only, M-F 10-12 PM; 2-4 PM
Advising Worksheet and Forms
Curriculum and Courses
- Curriculum Sheets and Roadmaps to Graduation (click year, then college & major)
- Current and projected course schedules are linked in the Biological Sciences Student page
- Core Electives (PDF) —a list of core elective courses for biology majors
- Support Approved Electives (PDF) —a list of support electives for biology majors
- University Catalog - courses, programs, and policies
Academic Advising Questions
- Who is my advisor? What to do if I have an advising hold?
- How to change/add a major or minor?
- Which course should I use for grade forgiveness?
- Questions on curriculum and courses
- Which curriculum year should I follow?
- How do I know when a course will be offered?
- What is co- and pre-requisite courses?
- What are lower-, upper-division, graduate, and GE courses?
- What are the electives for core or support?
- Can GE B5 courses be counted toward electives?
- Can I apply supervisory courses toward my degree?
- Questions on Registration and Graduation (linked to College of Science Advising Center)
- Course requirements for Math (PDF), Chemistry, and Physics (PDF)
- Advanced Placement (AP) examination credit
- Highlights and specific curriculum information by majors
- What are the curricular differences among the six majors? (PDF)
- How to get involved in undergraduate research? pdf version
- How to get involved in internship?
- More FAQs at the College of Science Advising webpage
Other Advising Resources
- Pre-Professional Advising (MD, DDS, Nursing, PA, PharmD, CLS, and more)
- University Advising Resources
- Teaching Credential - Single Subject Credential in Biology/Life Science
- Articulation (transfer course equivalencies - the ASSIST.org site)
- Learning Resource Center - Drop-In Tutoring Service
- Career Center – Career Counseling & Preparation