The Motor Development Clinic has several operating policies that families need to be aware of and understand. The policies are as follows:
- Observation. The participation in the movement program and other activities at the Clinic may be recorded and observed by University students and employees as a learning experience.
- Recordings. Visual, audio, and written recordings, photographs and other information gathered from such observations may be used for assessments, lessons, individualized program, instructional or research purposes and such materials are the property of the Clinic.
- Release of Information. The undersigned agrees to authorize the release of specific information to the extent necessary for the Clinic to evaluate the participant.
- No IEP testimony. The undersigned understands and acknowledges that Clinic staff will not testify at any Individual Educational Program (IEP) hearings or meetings.
- No Refunds. The full cost of the quarter session must be paid on the first day of the session unless special arrangements have been made with the Clinic. The deposit will not be refunded if the participant is unable to attend the quarter session and no refunds will be provided for any classes missed by the participant.
- Release. The Clinic assumes no liability for any accident, illness or injury to Client, which may occur during participation in the Clinic. In consideration of the Clinic accepting the participant into the Clinic program, the undersigned and the Client their heirs, executors, administrators, employers, agents, representatives, insurers and attorneys, hereby release and discharge the State of California, Trustees of the California State University, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and their officers, agents, and employees from any and all claims arising or resulting directly or indirectly from participation in the Clinic program.
- Indemnification. The undersigned recognizes and agrees that the State of California, the Trustees of the California State University, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, the Clinic and their officers, agents and employees assume no responsibility for any liability, damage or injury that may be caused by the participant's negligence or willful acts committed, related to, or during participation in the Clinic program, or for any liability, damage or injury caused by the intentional or negligent acts or omissions of any other participant in the Clinic's program. The undersigned further agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify the State of California, the Trustees of California State University, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, the Clinic and their officers, agents and employees from any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses, causes of action, and demands, and all costs and expenses incurred in connection therewith resulting from or in any manner arising out of, or in connection with participant’s intentional or negligent acts.
- Reservations for Session. There is limited enrollment in the Motor Development Clinic. Once a participant has attended one session, other than a summer session, the participant will be eligible to enroll in the following session. However, if the participant does not enroll in the following quarter session, there is no guarantee of enrollment in the subsequent sessions.
- Consent to Medical Treatment. The Clinic may, but is not obligated to, take any actions it considers to be warranted under the circumstances regarding participant's health and safety. The undersigned agrees that the Program Director or person designated by the Clinic may seek or consent on behalf of the participant and the undersigned to professional medical treatment performed by any medical officer licensed under the laws of the State of California.
To contact the
Motor Development Clinic,
Call: (909) 869-4340
Cal Poly Pomona
Building 66: KHP Motor Development Clinic
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768