The College of Science, being only one of eight polytechnic universities in the United States, is committed to community outreach. Through its multi-discipline approach, the College of Science reaches out to the surrounding region with Cal Poly Pomona's ‘learn-by-doing’ philosophy. Our faculty and students train and educate future researchers as well as collaborate with the educational community to enhance the field of science.
Dr. Douglas Durrant, Assistant Professor of Biology and Founder of Science on Tap talks about the free & novel "Science on Tap" informational series held quarterly at the Cal Poly Pomona pub.
Dr. Jennifer Switkes, Associate Chair and Professor at Cal Poly Pomona's College of Science, Math & Statistics talks to Time Warner Cable Local Edition host Brad Pomerance about teaching in Uganda.
Dr. Nicole Wickler, a professor and research director with Cal Poly Pomona at the Center for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching speaks to TWC Local Edition host Brad Pomerance about a NSF MSP grant to work with educators in the Pomona Unified School District to encourage students consider the fields of math and sciences, among other topics.
Dr. Steve Alas, Director of the SEES Program, was featured on a segment of Time Warner Cable’s Local Edition, currently available on YouTube.
- FEDCO Grant
- California Mathematics Project at Cal Poly Pomona
- CSU’s Math and Science Teacher Initiative (MSTI)
- Reinvigorating Elementary Science through a Partnership with California Teachers (RESPeCT)
- Noyce Master Teacher Fellows (MTF)
- California Mathematics and Science Partnership (CaMSP)
Programs & Centers
The College of Science supports a variety of programs and centers dedicated to helping students, faculty, and staff develop their skills.
- Advising Center
- Agricultural Research Institute
- CIRM Bridges to Stem Cell Research
- Instructional Support Center
- McNair Scholars Program
- Motor Development Clinic
- PCC ENV
- Programs for Science and Math Teachers
- Rain Bird BioTrek
- Scholarship for Service