- A one year full-time paid research internship ($2652/month***STIPEND SUBJECT TO TAX) in a stem cell lab at City of Hope, Caltech, USC, The Scripps Institute or Western University of Health Sciences.
- During the internship, the student keeps his/her status as a full-time student and receives unit credit for the research.
- The internship research is considered the student’s thesis research and the student receives thesis research units. If necessary, to finish the thesis project, research may continue after completion of the internship, but without support from CIRM.
- There are 2 positions available at CPP and 2 positions available at CSULA.
- Participants are chosen by a committee including faculty from both CPP and CSULA.
- All interns participate in a 1-week Stem Cell Techniques Training course at the USC CIRM Shared Research Laboratory prior to starting their internships.
- The interns are assigned both a research mentor from the institution in which they will be doing their stem cell research and a CSU faculty mentor to guide them during their internships.
- Upon completion of their internships, interns give talks on their research at a CPP/CSULA symposium.
Cal Poly Pomona Graduate Students: Biological Sciences Department
|BIO 680 Seminar in Biology - usually taken three times for 1 unit each||3|
|BIO 693 Presentation of Research Proposal||1|
|BIO 694 Thesis Research in the Biological Sciences||6|
|BIO 696 Master’s Degree Thesis||3|
|Program courses - determined by the student with the approval of the Thesis Advisor and thesis committee. At least 11 units must be from 500 and 600-level courses||32|
Cal State L.A. Graduate Students: Biological Sciences Department
|(2) BIOL 510 Seminar (1 unit each)||2|
|(2) 500-level Seminar course (3 units each)||6|
|Program courses - determined by the student with the approval of the Thesis Advisor (400-level or 500-level coursework).||22|