- Your overall GPA must be a 3.0 or above.
- You must have completed at least three of the courses listed below, before the research internship begins (January or June), or their equivalents, with a B or better.
Cal Poly Pomona
- BIO 310 Molecular and Cell Biology
- BIO 450 Concepts of Molecular Biology
- BIO 451/451L Molecular Biology Techniques
- BIO 455/455L Molecular Biology of Recombinant DNA
- BIO 570/570L Cellular Immunity and Disease
- MICR415/415L Immunology and Serology
- BIO465/465L Stem Cell Biology
- BIO 565/565L Animal Tissue Culture
Cal State L.A.
- BIOL 380 Cell Biology OR CHEM 431 ABC Biochemistry
- BIOL 413 Molecular Diagnostics
- BIOL 416 Molecular Genetics
- BIOL 417 Principles of Gene Manipulation
- BIOL 519 Genetic Engineering Laboratory
- MICR 304 Immunology and Serology
- MICR 450 Innate Immunity
- BIOL 481 Basic Cell Culture Theory and Techniques (required)
Additional requirements for graduate students for completing their Master's degree
- All classes listed below must be taken before the completion of your Master's Degree.
- BIO 693, BIO 694 and BIO 696, at CPP, can be completed during the Stem Cell Research Internship at City of Hope, Caltech, USC, The Scripps Institute or Western University of Health Sciences.
- You must complete all other Graduate Degree Requirements (CPP Biology and CSULA Biology) specified by the Biological Sciences Department or the department in which you are enrolled for your Master's degree.
Cal Poly Pomona Graduate Students: Biological Sciences Department
|BIO 680 Seminar in Biology - usually taken three times for 1 unit each
|BIO 693 Presentation of Research Proposal
|BIO 694 Thesis Research in the Biological Sciences
|BIO 696 Master’s Degree Thesis
|Program courses - determined by the student with the approval of the Thesis Advisor and thesis committee. At least 11 units must be from 500 and 600-level courses
Cal State L.A. Graduate Students: Biological Sciences Department
|(2) BIOL 510 Seminar (1 unit each)
|(2) 500-level Seminar course (3 units each)
|Program courses - determined by the student with the approval of the Thesis Advisor (400-level or 500-level coursework).
- It is your responsibility to request official transcripts from all previous post-secondary educational institutions to be mailed directly to the address below.
- An unofficial electronic copy of your transcripts needs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must also have three letters of recommendation in an electronic form as an attachment (pdf on letterhead required) sent by your recommenders to email@example.com. Hard copies of the letters must also be sent to the address below.
- Also, send official transcript documents to the address below:
Airan Jansen, Program Administrator
Department of Biological Sciences
Cal Poly Pomona
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768