- Your overall GPA must be a 3.0 or above.
- You must have completed at least three of the courses listed below, before the research internship begins, or their equivalents, with a B or better.
Cal Poly Pomona
- BIO 310 Molecular and Cell Biology
- BIO 450 Concepts of Molecular Biology
- BIO 451/451L Molecular Biology Techniques
- BIO 455/455L Molecular Biology of Recombinant DNA
- BIO 570/570L Cellular Immunity and Disease
- MICR415/415L Immunology and Serology
- BIO465/465L Stem Cell Biology
- BIO 565/565L Animal Tissue Culture
Cal State L.A.
- BIOL 380 Cell Biology OR CHEM 431 ABC Biochemistry
- BIOL 413 Molecular Diagnostics
- BIOL 416 Molecular Genetics
- BIOL 417 Principles of Gene Manipulation
- BIOL 519 Genetic Engineering Laboratory
- MICR 304 Immunology and Serology
- MICR 450 Innate Immunity
- BIOL 481 Basic Cell Culture Theory and Techniques (required)
- It is your responsibility to request official transcripts from all previous post-secondary educational institutions to be mailed directly to the address below.
- An unofficial electronic copy of your transcripts needs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must also have three letters of recommendation in an electronic form as an attachment (pdf on letterhead required) sent by your recommenders to email@example.com. Hard copies of the letters must also be sent to the address below.
- Also, send official transcript documents to the address below:
Airan Jansen, Program Administrator
Department of Biological Sciences
Cal Poly Pomona
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768