While I am no longer senior project coordinator,I will continue to keep this webpage active as an additional reference.
Please read the document "Senior Project Requirements" for your complete guide to a successful and educational senior project.
As stated above, the first online safety training session is conducted concurrent with the senior project orientation.
Should you need to take online safety training at any other time during he quarter, please contact the coordinator with your Cal Poly Pomona e-mail account number. They will then notify you on how to access the online safety training material and corresponding exams.
There are three closing dates each quarter when you can submit the online exams for grading. They are 5:00 P.M. on:
Should you pass the safety training exams, you will receive your Safety Training Verification (STV) on the Monday following the closing date you selected for submitting your exams. Only when you have received your STV, may you enter the laboratory for research.
To enroll in CHM 4610 you will need to:
(1) Complete and submit an Enrollment Form to the Department office,
(2) Attend the orientation & ES&H safety seminar - Information on the date and time for this seminar will be made available during the second week of the quarter,
(3) Complete the "Senior Project Proposal Form" with your advisor, and
(4) Submit a completed "Chemistry Department Safety Training Record" documenting that you "Passed the Safety Exams" and have received additional safety instructions from your advisor.
To continue to CHM 4620, you will need to submit a half-page abstract that outlines your completed work to date and of your plans for continuing your research. The abstract must be received by Dr. Page no later than Friday of week number ten of the quarter in which you are enrolled in CHM 4610.
To enroll in CHM 4620, you will need to complete and submit an Enrollment Form to the Department office.
If you require more than two quarters to finish your senior project, you must enroll in CHM 400 for all subsequent quarters for which you are in a lab conducting research.
You will need to submit a half-page abstract that outlines your completed work to date and of your plans for continuing your research for each quarter that you are working on your senior project. Abstracts must be received by Dr. Page no later than Friday of week number ten of the quarter in which you are working on you senior project.
To receive a letter grade for Senior Project you need to:
(1) Submit two bound copies of your dissertation to your advisor. The dissertation should have a cover page and a writing style that follows the guidelines stated in the "Notes to Authors" document.
(2) Submit a signed Clearance Form!
(3) Submit a signed "Returned Keys" Receipt from Facilities