Getting the Most Out of Advising
What you get out of this experience depends upon the time and effort you put into it. Here are some tips to Get The Most Out of Advising!
- Arrange your advising session(s) early each quarter.
- Write out questions or concerns you wish to discuss with your advisor before the session and bring with you the day of your session.
- Come to your advising session prepared and on time. If you are running late or are unable to keep your advising session, contact your advisor immediately.
- Bring all appropriate materials, i.e. degree requirement (curriculum) sheets, proposed course schedules, major exploration activity sheets and results, academic plans, catalog, forms, course syllabus, etc.
- Be open and honest about your academic progress and other issues which may affect your progress in college as well as progress on major exploration.
- Be willing to assume responsibility for designing your academic plan, developing goals, seeking academic support, and your own academic progress in college.