Summer Bridge RA
TAKE THE LEAD! BE A SUMMER BRIDGE RESIDENT ADVISOR!
Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of incoming EOP freshmen? Consider becoming a Summer Bridge Resident Advisor!
Before you apply, please make sure you are available for all required dates and times for the job (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Required commitment (no exceptions to any of these dates and times):
- Every Friday during Spring 2017 quarter from 2:00-5:00 p.m. for trainings, starting Friday, May 19
- One Saturday in May or June, 2017 (determined by RLC once team is selected)
- June 12 – 16, 2017: RA training (every day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and live-in required at the Residence Hall; schedule to be confirmed)
- June 18 – July 6, 2017: Live in the residence halls (be on-call, on-duty during the nighttime and weekends); RAs will trade off working weekends (Friday – Sunday)
- July 10, 2017: Debrief, wrap-up, and evaluations with Residence Life Coordinator (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- July 20, 2017: Summer Bridge Closing Ceremony (hold from 12:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Residential segment of program - June 18 (Sunday) - July 6 (live-in; no exceptions)
The Summer Bridge Resident Advisor provides guidance and mentoring, models positive behavior important to college success, plans and leads various community building activities, and ensures all residents have a safe and well balanced summer transition experience.
- Submit a fully completed online Summer Bridge Resident Advisor Application (link on job description page) by the deadline.
- You will be asked to submit your Resume in the online application (upload file). Make sure you have your Resume in the computer you use to fill out the application.
- Submit TWO Summer Bridge Resident Advisor Reference Forms (Print and provide to your professional references as soon as possible; they must be submitted by the deadline or applicant will not be considered)
To review the job description and to begin the online application, please follow this link: Summer Bridge Resident Advisor Job Description and Application
DEADLINE FOR ALL DOCUMENTS IS: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26, 2017, by 12:00 NOON
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed for interview consideration.
For more information please call Lorraine Jenkins Jones at (909) 869-3994.