Campus Labs – Baseline (Online Assessment, Evaluation, and Rubric Tool)
Campus Labs is an online platform used by the Division of Student Affairs for the development and implementation of assessment surveys, data collection, and basic data analysis for both assessment and student engagement purposes. It offers a user-friendly interface and easy-to-export data options, including descriptive statistics, graphs, and raw data spreadsheets. Campus Labs also offers a rubric -building tool and self-paced online trainings to build capacity around assessment approaches and best practices, including specific applications in Campus Labs Baseline.
Campus Labs allows users to:
- Create or enhance student affairs assessment projects
- Collect data using web-based and mobile technology
- Conduct direct and indirect outcomes assessments
- Analyze data and create assessment reports
- Benchmark with peer campuses and share best practices
Campus Labs offers consultation services to help users:
- Understand the features offered through Campus Labs
- Understand survey design and develop effective surveys
- Find information about assessment projects on other campuses
Getting Started with Campus Labs
- To start using Campus Labs, first request to be added as a User in the system.
- Have your Director email the DSA Campus Labs administrator, Norma Leon, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The request should include:
- Email subject line title: Campus Labs user request
- Employee name
- Employee’s CPP username
- Employees Bronco ID number
- Permission level requested (project access only or department access)
2. Once approved, the Campus Labs DSA administrator will email you to confirm you have been added as a User in the system and you can begin working through the Campus Labs system.
Using Campus Labs
- Before you start on a project, if this is your first time using Camus Labs, please make sure you check the Assessment Project Request Procedures section below.
- Log into Campus Labs: https://cpp.campuslabs.com. (if the link doesn’t take you to the CPP log in to enter your CPP credentials, type the address - https://cpp.campuslabs.com – directly in the web browser to troubleshoot; if you still have trouble with accessing Campus Labs, please notify the DSA Campus Labs administrator, Norma Leon / email@example.com).
Assessment Project Request Procedures
- Who are you surveying?
- If you are surveying a limited group (such as, only students in your department), seek approval from your Director or supervisor
- If you are surveying several campus groups, seek approval from your AVP
- When seeking approval for an assessment project, it is recommended that you share the following information:
- Name of project
- Purpose of project
- Population to be surveyed
- Start/End date of project
- Survey questions (samples or actual)
- Departmental project approval time may vary, plan accordingly
- Once your Director, supervisor, or AVP has given you approval, request your project through Campus Labs.
- Log in to Campus Labs: https://cpp.campuslabs.com (if the link doesn’t take you to the CPP log in to enter your CPP credentials, type the address - https://cpp.campuslabs.com – directly in the web browser to troubleshoot; if you still have trouble with accessing Campus Labs, please notify the DSA Campus Labs administrator, Norma Leon / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click on “Baseline” (this is the portal for assessment/survey projects)
- Click on “Request a Project” on the left side buttons
- Follow the directions for submitting your request
- Setting up a project on Campus Labs by the consultants takes a minimum of three business days, and often takes longer. Plan accordingly.
iPod Touch devices for data collection:
- If a Campus Labs assessment project includes the use of iPod Touches, they can be checked out from the DSA Campus Labs administrator, Norma Leon.
- Student Affairs owns 10 iPod Touches. If you plan to use iPods as data collection devices for your survey, check with Norma about availability.
- iPod Touches are accessible devices.
Questions about Campus Labs? Contact:
- DSA Campus Labs administrator, Norma Leon at x3227 / email@example.com