- When a DSA employee leaves a department or trades equipment, their existing PC must be re-imaged to remove all prior data which may include confidential information.
- PCs are deployed using a standardized software and operating system image that is developed to ensure compatibility with university/divisional standards and security procedures.
- All DSA PCs are to be logged out and left on nightly so that systems may perform OS patching, virus updates and scans.
- Additional department/user software may be installed by IT technical staff with valid proof of licensing provided by the department/user. Please to contact IT (as noted above) to make arrangements.
- DSA staff members are generally not provided with "Administrator" level security on their PC unless an exception has been approved by the appropriate AVP or the VPSA and communicated to the IT Liason of Student Affairs.
- All DSA purchased equipment will be secured to the desk (if possible) and the DSA IT Liaison is to be contacted to relocate PCs/LCDs to ensure proper tracking of equipment.