CPP Pledge: Information for 2-Year Program
- A declared major.
- Done with 50 percent of the units applicable toward your degree.
- A commitment to graduating in two years.
How to Apply
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can access the application here. Use your BroncoName and Password to log in.
Qualified applicants will receive further instructions. The application includes a program contract, filling out the MyPlanner academic planning tool and meeting with an advisor.
- Read the program eligibility requirements.
- Attend an information session during your Orientation program.
- Apply online by September 15, 2017. An email will be sent to your Cal Poly Pomona email address if you are eligible. The message will outline your next steps.
- Watch the MyPlanner tutorial. You’ll use MyPlanner to submit your academic plan. Review the Advising & Academic Resources page on Student Success Central to find your planning tools.
- Fill out your MyPlanner. Save your MyPlanner as a PDF, and attach it to your program contract before submitting it.
- Set up an appointment with the the pledge advisor in your major department or visit drop-in hours (varies by college) before October 6, 2017. Find the pledge advisor list here. Bring a printout of your MyPlanner PDF with you to your advising session.
After entering the program, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 45 quarter or 30 semester units every year.
- Maintain a minimum 2.2 cumulative GPA and earn a "C" or better or credit (CR) in all of your coursework.
- Meet with an assigned advisor every term. Consistent contact with an advisor encourages discussion about progress toward degree, careers, educational programs, research opportunities, graduate school, etc.
- Participate in priority registration every term. Check the Student Success Central Academic Calendar for priority registration dates.
- Take and pass the Graduation Writing Test (GWT) before achieving senior status. You'll reach senior status when you complete 135 units.