- Who can join the CPP Pledge & California Promise programs?
- How can I enroll in the CPP Pledge or California Promise program?
- How do I receive advising once I am accepted into the CPP Pledge or California Promise Program?
- How many units should I register for during my first year?
- Can I add a minor and still be pledge-eligible?
- Can I have AP/IB credit and still be pledge-eligible?
- Can I add a second major and still be pledge-eligible?
- If I change my option within my declared major, can I remain in the pledge program?
- If I'm not eligible to apply for either program this fall, can I reapply next fall?
- If I'm not eligible for either program, can I still graduate in two or four years?
Incoming freshmen and transfer students are eligible to join the CPP Pledge & California Promise programs during the fall term. See the Incoming Students page for additional criteria.
Each program has specific application requirements. See the Incoming Students page for additional criteria.
Your first advising session will be at Orientation. After you are accepted to a program, you will be assigned a permanent pledge advisor to help you strategize your classes and stay on track to graduation.
You must successfully complete 25 percent of the required units for your degree per year to ensure meeting the minimum graduation requirements appropriate to your major. The required units per year must be completed in Fall, Winter, and Spring. Applicable Advanced Placement and transfer work that applies to the degree requirements may be applied to your total units completed per year. Coursework completed in the summer will be applied to the next academic year.
Yes. You should declare it as soon as possible within your four-year or two-year plan, and you must complete it by the end of your plan.
Yes. AB/IB credit is acceptable towards the unit/course credit. Work with your academic advisor to factor this into your plan.
No. You can't double major in either program.
Yes. You can change your option within your declared major and still remain in the pledge program.
No. You can only apply to either program during your first term at Cal Poly Pomona.
Yes! Your academic advisor can help you strategize a plan. You can also visit Student Success Central to find academic and advising resources, support directories, self-services and more that will help you stay on track to graduation.