Mission & Vision
The goal is to educate and help students, faculty and staff embrace sustainability in their daily lives and integrate the practice into the university’s planning and policies, academics, operations, student activities and community engagement.
- Engage faculty, staff and students in dialogue, inquiry and discovery of sustainable practices through the curriculum and scholarly research.
- Empower students to contribute to the formation of sustainable societies.
- Integrate sustainable practices into all aspects of university planning and operations.
- Design, build and operate a campus with a minimal ecological footprint, contributing to the goal of climate neutrality.
- Create models for energy, transportation, water, waste and food usage that contribute to best practices in higher education.
- Participate in research initiatives and outreach activities that educate surrounding communities, nourish ecosystems and enrich cultural experiences on campus.