Cal Poly Pomona’s Veterans Services Initiative was established in 2009 by President J. Michael Ortiz to honor the university’s commitment to the academic and personal success of our student veterans. This initiative is representative of the campus community’s respect for and dedication to serving our military veterans.
The Veterans Resource Center opened in fall 2012 and serves as a central resource for information, support, guidance, and community. Our student veterans will find the following services:
- Introduction to veteran-specific services
- Referrals to campus and off-campus programs and services
- Peer support, counseling and guidance
- Assistance with navigating policies and processes
- Connection with other veterans
Members of the campus community utilize the Center for connecting with or providing assistance to our student veterans.