Training and Tutorials
- Cascade Server Login
- Introduction to Cascade Training (NEW - Updated 9/17) covers the basics on creating pages, uploading images, user roles, navigation and more for casacde 8.
- Cascade Stylesheet shows the various styles and colors available.
- Writing for the Web (50-minute YouTube video) covers producing web content that is (1) well organized, (2) well written and (3) well presented. Topics include accessibility, photo permissions and writing tips.
- Writing for the Web (PDF)
- Editorial Style Guidebook (PDF) offers an overview of the university's editorial style for publications, including websites. Examples: Is it spelled web site or website? Are department names capitalized?
Photo and Video
- Image Optimization Guidebook (PDF) covers how to optimize images to be used in your web page.
- Web Graphic Standards provides direction on using the Cal Poly Pomona logo and colors.
- Starting Our Organized: Website content planning the right way by Smashing Magazine
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide by Google
- Writing for the Web Series by Yahoo!