Workshop on Big Data Analytics for Telecommunications at WTS 2015 (BiDaTel-2015)We invite the submission of applied research papers to the Workshop on Big Data Analytics for Telecommunications (BiDaTel-2015) at the 14th Wireless Telecommunications Symposium, WTS 2015, which will be held April 15-17, 2015 in New York City, NY, USA. br> DOWNLOAD CFP
The telecommunications ecosystem naturally is a big data warehouse, which contains a treasure trove of intelligence for those who know how to mine it. However, “big data” is not the answer to making sense of this data. Why? Because Big Data for Telecommunications (BiDaTel) is not a database problem; it is a problem of understanding the telecom data.
The BiDaTel-2015 Workshop intends to facilitate the exchange of ideas among researchers in data science, computer science, electrical engineering, statistics, and other disciplines who share an interest in employing data analytics, machine learning, and data mining approaches to study telecommunication ecosystems, including wireline/wireless networks, services, applications, devices, operation and support systems, billing systems, customer relation management systems, and supply chain system etc.
- Telecommunication network performance and optimization
- Telecommunication network behavior and patterns
- Telecommunication network operation and maintenance
- Telecommunication network planning, dimensioning, and expansion
- Internet of Things in telecommunications
- Customer/user behavior, patterns, and sentiment
- Social networks, graphs, links, and content
- Network/Service/Application QoS and QoE
- Supply chain analysis and Operation/Support Systems
- Telecom CAPEX/OPEX modelling and profitability analysis
- Device quality, performance, and applications
- Mobile application characteristics and behaviors
- Big data monetization
Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases. The proceedings also will be distributed at the Symposium via a CD.
All selected papers from BiDaTel 2015 will be considered for publication in the International Journal of Business Analytics, IGI Global publisher, pending their successful extension and an expedited review process.
- January 11, 2015 Paper submission deadline
- February 8, 2015 Notification of acceptance
- March 8, 2015 Camera-ready submissions
Submit your papers as part of the regular conference. The author guidelines are available here.
- Dr. John Wang, Montclair State University ((Academia and Publicity)), Verizon Wireless
- Dr. Jin Yang, Futurewei Technologies (Industry)
- General Chair: Dr. Steven Powell, Cal Poly Pomona
- Program Chair: Dr. JP Shim, Georgia St. University