History 408† History of American Science and Technology
Smith, 427-470; Wang, assigned pages
1. Whatís new and striking to you in the readings on this topic?
2. According to Vannevar Bush, why should the federal government support science?
3. According to President Eisenhower, whatís wrong with the military-industrial complex?
4. Whatís the essence of the technological skepticism expressed by the Presidentís Science Advisory Committee?
5. Do we still have a military-industrial complex today?† Examples?† Your views on them?
6. Do you find the readings helpful? Questions and comments?† Any relevant news item or website?