History 408 History of American Science and Technology
Hughes, 443-472; Wang, 236-324 (browse)
1. What’s new and striking to you in the readings on this topic?
2. Why did American enthusiasm for science and technology seem to come to an end in the 1960s and 1970s?
3. What did the counter-culture embrace and what did it reject?
4. How did the Vietnam War change American perception of science and technology?
5. Comment briefly on what you find most useful in reading the Rapolla book and the sample term papers?
6. Do you find the readings helpful? Questions and comments? Any relevant news item or website?