Student Learning - ILOs
The content of this page has moved to another location.
Please visit the Assessment - Accredited Programs page.
Through participating in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities, the graduates of California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, will develop competencies to become:
Practitioners: Equipped with a foundation for growth and professional success
- communication skills - using verbal, written, visual and listening skills to communicate persuasively and coherently
- interpersonal skills - demonstrating teamwork and leadership skills to achieve common goals
- disciplinary learning - applying, integrating, and adapting fundamental information, concepts, theories and methods in their principal disciplines
Integrative Thinkers: Able to apply their knowledge and skills to future challenges and opportunities
- critical thinking - thinking clearly and logically to evaluate ideas, analyze and interpret information, and draw inferences through reasoning
- problem solving - identifying, formulating, , investigating, and solving quantitative and qualitative problems effectively and creatively
- information literacy - locating, assessing, using and communicating qualitative, quantitative and scientific information, among a wide variety of sources, methods, and tools
- integrating and transferring learning - making connections across disciplines and between current and new knowledge, and applying that knowledge in professional and community life
Model Leaders: Taking an active role as a citizen in a diverse multicultural environment
- ethical understanding - applying ethical considerations in professional, personal and social life
- liberal learning - demonstrating knowledge and appreciation of the physical and natural world, and of the development and legacies of diverse world cultures
- global citizenship - understanding the responsibilities of being a global citizen and the role of civic engagement in fostering a democratic society
- intentional learning - employing self-knowledge of the social and cognitive factors influencing their learning to engage in ongoing reflection and exploration for the purpose of personal development
- lifelong learning - pursuing educational interests from previous learning outside classroom requirements indicating intellectual curiosity, energy, and passion in the expansion of knowledge, understanding, and abilities.