Degree Requirements - Master's Degree
Master of Science in International Apparel Management
Our new M.S. degree provides students with a high-definition perspective on the emerging technologies, players, competitive processes, and consumer trends reshaping the global apparel sector, together with an advanced education in the analytical and management skills necessary to evaluate these dynamics and deploy effective solutions.
The core curriculum provides perspectives on international consumer behavior, global apparel markets and competitive dynamics, emerging technologies, and management insights from leading executives or thinkers in the field. A choice of electives, all with an international focus, enables students to tailor a learning program to their specific career pathways or professional interest. Electives include: market forecasting and product line management; sourcing; supply chain and logistics management; brand management; product innovation; financial management and retail strategy. A major research project is the culminating experience, and focuses on development of advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Applications for Spring 2021 are open through October 15, 2020.
Applications for Fall 2021 entry open October 1,2020.
For more information on the application process visit https://www2.calstate.edu/apply/graduate
- A bachelor’s degree in apparel or textile management, business, or a related discipline.
- An overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) or better.
- A Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or a Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score (minimum score of 450) is required from those applicants whose:
- overall GPA in undergraduate work falls below 3.0,
- degree was awarded from a non-accredited university or college (including non-US institutions),
- if the applicant has not attended an accredited institution within the past seven years.
- Applicants whose GPA falls between 2.5 and 3.0 will be considered for admission on a conditional basis if evidence of compensating qualifications, such as extensive industry experience, is demonstrated.
- English proficiency - a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based exam or a score of 80 on the internet (TOEFL iBT).
Program Coordinator: Dr. Chitra Dabas
Associate Professor, Department of Apparel Merchandising and Management