Forms and FAQ
Student Assistant vs Instructional Student Assistant
- Student Assistants are not graders or tutors
- Student Assistants job titles are listed on the Payroll Services website for your reference. Focus on the job titles coded in green
- Instructional Student Assistants are graders and tutors (coded in blue on the Payroll Services website)
Student Employment Authorization Forms
- Student Assistant - No background check (PDF)
- Student Assistant- With background check (PDF)
- Instructional Student Assistant -No background check (PDF)
- Instructional Student Assistant- With background check (PDF)
Student Employment VP Approval Form
- Summer 2020 Student Employment VP Approval (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I know if my student needs a background check?
Reference the background check tab for more information on the process and requirements.
- Who prepares the Student Employment Authorization forms? Who is the “verifier” that signs off on the hire forms?
Ideally the staff member who will be submitting their timesheets for payment.
- Who do I email the Student Employment VP Approval form to receive VP e-signature?
It will depend on your division. See below:
- Academic Affairs; email@example.com
- Administrative Affairs; firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
- Student Affairs; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Technology & Institutional Planning; TBD
- University Advancement; email@example.com
- Facutly Affairs; TBD