Before you register
- You have an internship offer
- The internship is related to your major, IB, MKT, or business in general
- If you are using your current job to fulfill internship class requirement, you can not get credit for the same job for more than one semester unless you have new responsibilities and new learning goals for this position.
- The business/organization procures and maintains General Liability Insurance or Workers' Compensation coverage for the interns
- Home-Based/Virtual Internships:
- The University does not approve businesses whose work site is an individual’s home.
- Virtual Internships are also not allowed. This type of internship would not allow students to engage in a workforce environment, unless the student receives close supervision from an advisor.
Documents required at the beginning of the semester
Please visit https://app.calstates4.com/cpp for required forms after you are registered. Everything is filled out and submitted online now. Use your Bronco ID and
Internship meetings for Summer 2020
It is mandatory that you attend one of the zoom meetings below (ZOOM ID will be posted on Blackboard):
Thursday, May 28, 2020
12:00 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
1:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.
The syllabus will be posted on Blackboard course
Internship hours required for semesters starting from 2018
You are expected to work 6 hours per week during the semester for each academic credit.
Faculty-supervised on-the-job educational experience in the real-world marketing management environment. Allocation of unit credit is dependent upon the nature of the work done, the level of responsibility, and the number of hours worked. Total credit limited to 6 units, with a maximum of 3 units per semester for IBM 4410. Please make sure all preapproval criteria are met before registration.
If you wish to receive academic credits for your internship, you need to enroll in the internship class IBM 4410. You should enroll in the section (i.e., Section 1, 2, or 3) that corresponds to the number of hours worked each week based on a 16-week schedule, as follows:
Section Hours of work per week during the registered semester:
01 6 – 11
02 12 – 17
Assignments and grading (check
Mandatory meeting: Students must attend one of the mandatory internship meetings at the beginning of the semester. Failure to do so will result in being dropped from the class.
blackboard for details)
Internship learning plan, release of liability, and visual/audio image release form (due by the second week of the semester): You must complete these three forms online at https://app.calstates4.com/cpp after you are registered. This assignment will not be graded, but it must be completed and submitted by the deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted for any reason, and you will receive an F for the course.
Internship report: Students must complete a report on the internship experience, describing
Supervisor evaluation: Supervisors must complete an evaluation form on the