Communication Department Open Position
Faculty Position Announcement: Part-Time/Temporary Lecturers
College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
The Communication Department at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applicants to join our part-time temporary lecturer pool. Applicants with specialization in teaching Public Speaking, Advocacy and Argument, Persuasion, Desktop Publishing, Communication Law, and other communication courses, depending upon departmental need, are especially encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree in a Communication/Communication-related discipline by the date of the employment application. The Master’s degree requirement may be waived if the applicant has extensive and distinguished professional experience directly related to his/her proposed teaching assignment.
- Previous college teaching experience is strongly preferred, along with evidence of effective teaching.
Part-time, temporary lecturer appointments are usually made for one academic quarter (approximately 11 weeks) at fractions ranging from 4/15 to 12/15 of full-time; multiple quarter appointments are possible. Incumbents may be reappointed to subsequent quarters contingent upon funding and favorable annual performance evaluations.
- a completed (University) academic application
- a recent curriculum vitae
- three recent (dated within the past two years and at least one written within 12 months of the application) letters of reference
- an official transcript ("Issued to Student" is not considered an official transcript) from an accredited educational institution showing highest degree earned
Please address all inquiries, requests for application forms, and application materials to:
Dr. Richard A. Kallan, Chair, Communication Department
c/o Victoria Key
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Pomona, CA 91768