The mission of the CCE is to advance a culture of meaningful engagement by promoting service-learning, volunteering and cooperative education through sustainable partnerships with community and industry. The CCE can help you find community partners, plan significant learning experiences, craft your syllabus to include service learning, and to get your course designated as a service-learning experience. The CCE also has faculty fellows and small grants programs.
Service to the Discipline
Serving your academic discipline is important to maintain your department’s vitality and to connect your students with your field. Some ways to serve in your discipline include:
- Participating in conferences
- Planning events that bring your discipline to Cal Poly Pomona
- Serving on editorial boards or as an outside reader for scholarly journals or grant programs
- Giving guest lectures at other institutions
- Serving on boards and committees in your discipline
The Academic Senate has many standing committees and ad hoc committees, some of which are voted and some appointed. See the Academic Senate website for a full list and descriptions.