Student Health and Wellness Services

Required Immunization Information for 2019

If you graduated from a California accredited high school on or after January 1, 2005, you have satisfied the immunization requirements, and do not need to do anything further.

IF NOT, as mandated by the California State Legislature, and as a condition of your enrollment at Cal Poly Pomona, you will need to satisfy immunization requirements as outlined below BY THE 4TH WEEK INTO YOUR FIRST TERM (or by the start of registration for your second term). An "Immunization Hold" will be activated on your record and you will not be allowed to register for future quarters until documentation is complete and verified by Student Health Services, Bldg. 46.

  1. Measles (Rubeola) & Rubella (German or 3-day Measles): Students born on or after January 1, 1957, and who did not graduate from a California high school on or after January 1, 2005, must provide proof of immunization from Measles and Rubella (German or 3-day measles). Measles is a potentially fatal disease if contracted as an adult—thus immunization is mandatory.
  2. Hepatitis B: Only students 18 or younger on the first day of classes who did not graduate from a California high school on or after January 1, 2005, must in addition to the above, show proof of having completed a 3-dose series of immunizations from Hepatitis B. In order to enroll, you must begin now to receive the first two doses, which are given 1-2 months apart, and submit proof of this action. The 3rd dose is given 6-12 months after the first dose, and may be completed after you enroll.

There are four ways to meet these requirements:

  • You may have a blood test (Rubella and Rubeola Titer) that determines if you are immune to both rubeola and rubella, either by past immunizations or by having had both diseases.
  • You may submit proof of prior immunization and complete the areas as requested on our Required Immunization Form. (pdf)
  • Be immunized (you may obtain immunization from your private doctor or public health department and submit proof of same).
  • File a MEDICAL waiver: Provide written documentation from a licensed physician that this immunization is contraindicated due to medical reasons. [See Senate Bill 277, Chapter 35, Section 5, 120370 (a)]

Proof of immunization can be submitted to Student Health Services (SHS) in one of the following ways:

  • By MAIL: Student Health Services, Bldg. 46, 3801 W. Temple Ave., Pomona, CA, 91768
  • By FAX: (909) 869-4425
  • In PERSON: Bring proof to the Immunization Desk at Student Health Services, Bldg. 46
  • Email a scanned copy of your records, along with your Bronco ID number, to Carolyn Watson

If you are unable to obtain the required immunizations from the above sources, you may call Student Health Services at (909) 869-4000 to schedule an immunization appointment and to receive current pricing. Anyone under the age of 18 will need to bring in a signed minor consent form (pdf) before services can be given at SHS.


Please discuss with your family doctor the advisability of vaccination from meningococcal disease. Meningococcal disease is a potentially life-threatening bacterial infection known to occur more frequently among 18-25 year olds living in close proximity. It is strongly recommended that all incoming residential students consider the Meningococcal Vaccine as a way to reduce their risk for potentially fatal Meningococcal disease. Ask your family doctor about this vaccine. The vaccine is given in a one-dose injection and is available at Student Health Services by appointment and at our cost. Call 909-869-4000 to schedule an appointment and to receive current pricing.

For more detailed information about the disease or the vaccine, please visit the websites below.