Apply for Housing
APPLICATIONS FOR HOUSING – CURRENT STATUS
- The Housing application for the 2019-2020 academic year are currently closed. If interested please submit a Housing Interest Form through your Housing portal.
- The Housing application for the 2020-2021 academic year opens on February 19, 2020 at 7:30 AM.
- The Housing application for Summer 2020 opens on March 23, 2020 at 8:00 AM.
The information on this page and the following links will assist you in completing the Housing Application Process.
- Community Descriptions:
- Meal Plans
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Housing License Agreement Homepage
- Housing Cost Table (Fees)
STEP 1 - Submit the University Housing Services Application on the Housing Portal
- Fill in all information requested on the form (you will need to be prepared to select your preferred room type and community, provide emergency contact information and enter the Bronco Number of any preferred roommates).
- If you cannot complete your application in one session, you may return to it and continue where you left off. Do not delay in completing your application – priority is based on the date and time that you complete and SUBMIT the application.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email.
- For detailed instruction on how to submit your application, click here.
STEP 2 - Submit your housing initial payment of $450.00 within 14 days of applying for Housing.
Due to COVID-19 for the 2020-21 academic year, during the application process, students may elect to defer their housing initial payment. The initial payment will be included in the first Fall housing installment due on August 12, 2020.
To make your Housing Initial Payment, log-in to the Housing Portal and re-open the application. You will be able to click through the application pages and will continue to the initial payment page.
If you have requested a deferment and now would like to pay the initial payment, please contact our office for assistance.
Important - Continuing CPP students that would like to be considered for Room Selection should pay or defer their initial payment by February 19, 2019. For assistance or information, please contact University Housing Services at (909) 869-3307 or by email at email@example.com.
STEP 3- Room Assignment Process
Future Students- Assignments are given with priority to those that apply early. Depending on the community requested, assignments are prioritized based on the date and time that the application was submitted online. For immediate openings, the Housing Office will contact you by phone or email to confirm interest and availability. Confirmations of assignments are sent to your Cal Poly Pomona email address.
Fall assignments for fall admits are processed in June and July.
Spring assignments are processed based on space availability.
Room Selection (For Current Residents Only)- For students that are able to go through room selection. View our Room Selection 101 presentation.
STEP 4- Completing your Contract
Once you have been assigned a space, you will need to complete your contract. To access your contract, log-in to your Housing Portal and open corresponding year's application. Make sure to continue through the webpages including choosing a meal plan and until you click the last “I agree” button. For detailed instructions on how to submit your contract, click here.
Fees will be posted to your BroncoDirect account. All payments are processed with the Student Accounting and Cashiering Services. View payment option information. Fall fees are posted to BroncoDirect in July.
Due to COVID-19 for the 2020-21 academic year students that are not attending or wish to cancel their housing contract must provide notice by the first day of class (August 20, 2020).
Students with Fall 2020 housing assignments may request to be released from their contract by submitting a cancellation request through their Housing Portal at least 45 days prior to the beginning of the semester to avoid any financial penalties. It is advisable to email the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to verify that the request has been received. All requests will be reviewed, processed, and students will be notified by email of confirmation.
- If your admission status is rescinded or you decide not to attend Cal Poly Pomona, you must submit in writing your cancellation request to the Housing Office. Changes to your admission status, disqualifications, or decisions not to attend are NOT an automatic cancellation of your housing contract. It is the student's responsibility to notify Housing of their cancellation.