Cascade uses different names for different purposes. Understanding the names and using the proper naming conventions is very important.
There are three types of names that you need to be familiar with:
- This is the system identifier for your web asset (file, page, folder, block, etc.). It will be used in the URL and in the folder structure. System names should:
- Contain all lower case letters.
- Contain no spaces, punctuation, or symbols (use dashes for spaces, underscores are also allowed).
- Contain key words that make it clear what the page is.
- System Names for files (.pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt etc. and image formats - .jpg, .png etc.) must contain a file extension.
- You can change the system name using “Move/Rename," however, try to avoid changing system names if possible.
- This is the name that will be displayed in the tab or left navigation and in breadcrumbs.
- To change the Display Name, click the “Edit” tab, then click on "Metadata" (right under "Edit") to reach the "Display Name" field.
- This displays across the top of your page as the title.
- To change the Title, click the “Edit” tab and change the text in the "Title" field.
Every navigation folder that is published must contain a page with the system name “index.” These pages can have their own Display Name and Title, like any other page, but the system name must be “index” for the contents of the folder to display properly.