You are eligible for the program if you are:
- A low-income (please refer to this chart to determine if you meet this criterion) AND first-generation college student (a first generation college student is defined by the Federal government as a student who has not resided with or received primary support from a parent who has received a BA degree or equivalent);
- *Or underrepresented in your field of study at the doctoral level (the US Department of Education considers students who are African American, Chicano/Latino, or Native American to be underrepresented in higher education);
- Must have completed at least 75 quarter or 50 semester units by the time you apply;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident status.
How to Apply (Application for the McNair Scholars Program will be posted in Nov. 2020)
To apply for the program:
- Read the FAQ and the Applications Process pages on this web site.
- Complete and submit the eligibility form online. Online submission form will open on December 1st, 2020 and due by January 31, 2021.
- You can submit supporting documents (CPP Unofficial Transcript, Community College Unofficial Transcripts (if applicable), CPP Financial Aid Package Summary (from BroncoDirect)) via the online submission portal (click here to submit supporting documents). The supporting documents will be due by January 31, 2021. Once your eligibility has been established, you will be given an application.
- A Sample Eligibility Form (PDF) is now available. Please use this form as a guideline of what information you will need to gather for the online submission (available now).
Information is also available at the McNair Program Office:
Science Building (Bldg. 8), Room 306.
Third floor, to the immediate right of the elevator.