Orientation Services

Transfer Credit Report FAQs

NOTE: If possible, we strongly recommend that you bring copies of all your unofficial transcripts and an electronic device with you to your Orientation day to assist you in your advising sessions.

We are working diligently to process all your transcripts that were received by the document deadline into your Transfer Credit Evaluation. Make sure you check the night before or even the morning of your Orientation for any updates.

If you sent in a second transcript with additional coursework, that coursework will be evaluated and processed prior to the advising and registration period for Spring 2019. Please bring copies of these unofficial transcripts to assist in advising. 

We do not have articulation agreements with many of these schools so providing a TCR can take some extra time. We are working to get your coursework evaluated as soon as possible. In the meantime please work with your Academic Advisor to assess your options for registration.

Depending on whether there is an established articulation agreement (course-to-course equivalencies) with CPP and your home institution, you will either receive CPP specific course credit or elective credit for everything that is baccalaureate-level (college or university-level). If you think you should be receiving CPP course credit for a specific transfer course, please discuss this with your Academic Advisor in the advising session.

  1. TRN TRN-LD: This means this course does not have a specific CPP course equivalency and that you are receiving general elective credit for this course.  This means the units and the grade do count in your unit totals and GPA.

  2. TRN NON-BC: This means that this course is non-baccalaureate (not transferable to a college or university).   You are not receiving units or GPA points for this course.

  3. TRN C1: This is an example of a course that fulfills GE Area C1 but does not have a CPP course equivalency.  The units and GPA do count in your totals.

We will review GE Certifications prior to the beginning of advising for Spring 2020 registration.  If you believe you are GE certified from a community college, please work with your advisor to select classes that you have not already taken.  Once we process the certification, your DPR will show all lower-division GE complete.  Please note that CPP has an upper-division GE requirement of 3 classes (9 semester units) that all students need to take, regardless of whether or not they have been GE certified.