Orientation Services

Transfer Credit Report FAQs

The University makes every attempt to provide incoming transfer students with a transfer credit report at the time of their orientation session, depending on the timely receipt of your transcripts. For Spring 2022, the deadline to submit final transcripts is October 7. Failure to submit official transcripts by the stated deadlines may result in your application being withdrawn. 

We strongly recommend that you have access to unofficial transcripts during Virtual Advising & Registration on Virtual Orientation Day to assist you in your advising and course registration.


We are working diligently to process all of your transcripts that were received by the document deadline into your Transfer Credit Evaluation. Transfer credits continue to be posted up until the day of your orientation session. Make sure you check the night before or even the morning of your orientation session for any updates.

If you sent in a second transcript with additional coursework from Fall 2021, that coursework will be evaluated and processed prior to the start of the semester, but be advised that the coursework may not be evaluated and processed by your Virtual Orientation Day. We recommend having an unofficial copy on hand to assist you and your academic advisor with course registration.

We do not have articulation agreements with all colleges and universities in the U.S. The campus will award you college units for all courses that are baccalaureate-level and transferable, even if there is no specific CPP course-to-course equivalency. If an articulation does not currently exist for a specific course, you may work with your advisor to submit a petition for course equivalency or course substitution.

Depending on whether there is an established articulation agreement (course-to-course equivalencies) with CPP and your home institution, you will either receive CPP specific course credit or elective credit for everything that is baccalaureate-level (college or university-level). If you think you should be receiving CPP course credit for a specific transfer course, please discuss this with your academic advisor in the advising session.

TRN TRN-LD: This means this course does not have a specific CPP course equivalency and that you are receiving general elective credit for this course. This means the units and the grade do count in your unit totals and GPA.

TRN NON-BC: This means that this course is non-baccalaureate (not transferable to a college or university). You are not receiving units or GPA points for this course.

TRN C1: This is an example of a course that fulfills General Education Area C1 but does not have a CPP course equivalency. The units and GPA do count in your totals.

We will review GE Certifications prior to the beginning of advising for Spring 2022 registration. If you believe you are GE certified from a community college, please work with your advisor to select classes that you have not already taken.  Once we process the certification, your DPR will show all lower-division GE complete. Please note that CPP has an upper-division GE requirement of 3 classes (9 semester units) that all students need to take, even if they have been lower-division GE certified.