Eligibility and Program Requirements
Achieve Scholars Program
To be eligible for this stipend, you must:
- Be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of application.
- Be enrolled full-time (a minimum of 12 credit hours) during the Academic Year (both semesters) receiving the scholarship.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or, if entering as a freshman, a minimum SAT Math score of 450.
- Required to take a skill development or a peer mentoring training course (schedule to be announced later).
Requirements for ASP Scholars
- Participation in workshops, socials, peer mentoring, and end of the year scholar recognition celebration
- Participation in one of the Achieve Scholars courses
- Attend or present at the annual student research conference (RSCA)
- Attend a minimum four workshops per semester and any mandatory workshops as applicable
- Participation in semester surveys and follow-up survey after graduation
IMPORTANT: Achieve Scholars will give preference to students who:
- Demonstrate financial need as defined by the US Department of Education rules for need-based federal financial aid. The Office of Undergraduate Research can verify this for you, but in general, you are eligible if you are Pell Grant eligible.
- First generation students (both parents have not completed a bachelor’s degree).
- Demonstrate readiness for rigorous undergraduate research and academic experiences.