Due to the COVID-19 concerns, all events will be held virtually.
This page will be updated periodically as events are confirmed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Click here for a pdf of the fall calendar of events.
To register for an event, click on the workshop title.
Attend the RAMP Information Session to learn more about the incredible advising, tutoring and Grant Aid opportunities offered by the Reading, Advising & Mentoring Program.
- Friday, 8/27/21 @ 9-11:30AM
RAMP Community Connection
The RAMP staff and tutors have planned some Friday afternoon fun. This is a great opportunity to get to know the staff, meet other participants, and relax with some fun activities. We look forward to some play time with you all! Registration not required but encouraged. Click on the title to register. Join us on Zoom (https://cpp.zoom.us/j/86895971348).
- Welcome Back
- Friday, 9/10/21 @ 3-4PM
- Feeling Good
- Friday, 10/1/21 @ 3-4PM
- Pre-Finals Unwind
- Friday, 11/5/21 @ 3-4PM
Financial Aid Workshops
- Financial Aid Basics
- Tuesday, 9/14/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- FAFSA / CA Dream Renewal
- Tuesday, 10/5/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Savings & Budget
- Tuesday, 10/19/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Exploring Scholarships
- Tuesday, 11/2/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Writing Winning Scholarship Essays
- Thursday, 11/4/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Study Abroad
- Tuesday, 11/16/21 @ 12-12:50PM
Academic Success Workshops
- How to Set Up CPP Planner
- Thursday, 9/16/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Time Management
- Tuesday, 9/21/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Networking in a Remote Environment
- Tuesday, 9/28/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Navigating Your Library to Find Reliable Research Resources (Asynchronous Option)
Book Club: War for Kindness by Jamil Zaki
Bring a friend; bring your lunch; and bring your voice!
- Meeting #1, Thursday 9/23/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Meeting #2, Thursday 10/7/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Meeting #3, Thursday 10/21/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Meeting #4, Thursday 10/28/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Intro to First-Gen Crew and Famous First-Geners
- Tuesday, 10/12/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Financial Management and FAFSA
- Tuesday, 10/26/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- Understanding and Combatting Imposter Syndrome
- Tuesday, 11/9/21 @ 12-12:50PM
- The Role of Family in Student Success
- Tuesday, 11/23/21 @ 12-12:50
Guest speaker from a similar background as RAMP students will share her journey through college to her current position. She will share obstacles faced, lessons learned, and advice in hopes of inspiring students to remain motivated and steadfast in pursuing their goals.
- Thursday 10/14/21 @ 12-12:50PM
Last spring we recognized the 2021 graduating RAMP students via a a virtual celebration.
If you are graduating in 2022 (spring, summer, or fall), please complete this form so that we can include you in our graduate recognize plans!
The Career Center offers excellent workshops to help you prepare for your future career. Topics include rocking your resume, job searching during COVID-19, internships, preparing for interview, graduate school, and more. Visit the Career Center's workshop page to find information on these workshops. To receive credit for attending one of these workshops, please submit a short reflection (at least 100 words) to your RAMP advisor.