Optics Career Event on Campus (in collaboration with the Optical Society of Southern California)
The Optical Society of Southern California invites all Cal Poly Pomona students (and the faculty who help prepare them) to a panel discussion on:
How should students and new graduates prepare for careers in the optics industry?
Apr 9, 2014 4:30 PM to Apr 9, 2014 9:00 PM at Kellogg West (Hillside East)Four experienced science, engineering, and business professionals from local companies will share their perspectives on how new graduates can succeed in preparing for and entering careers in the optics industry.
- Valentina Doushkina, Director, Optical Systems, N2 Imaging Systems LLC
- Paige Lawson, HR Generalist, Lightworks Optical Systems Inc.
- Don Pearson, President & CEO, TRIOPTICS USA– Davidson Optronics – Wells Research
- Nick Lambert, Vice President of Engineering, Precision Optical
- Moderator: T. Scott Rowe, Optical Engineer, Rowe Technical Design
4:30pm-5:00pm, light refreshments and networking
5:00pm-6:00pm, Discussion and Q&A on optics careers for new graduates in science, technology, engineering, and business
6:00pm, social hour (optional)
This event will be followed by a regular meeting of the Optical Society of Southern California. Anybody interested in attending that meeting can register at www.ossc.org. No registration is required for the career discussion. Co-sponsored by the Optical Society of Southern California, the Cal Poly Pomona Career Center, and the Department of Physics and Astronomy