Office of Student Success

Academic Forms and Petitions

During virtual instruction, you can submit academic petitions. Please see below for instructions on how to submit different types of petitions.

Registrar's Office Forms 

  • Request for Class Withdrawal for Serious and Compelling Reasons E-Form
  • Course Substitution or Acceptance of Transfer Coursework
  • Petition to Waive Restrictions on Course Repeats E-Form
  • General Academic Petition E-Form
    • NOTE: If you would like to submit a petition to substitute a course for a major or general education requirement, please schedule a meeting with your advisor to complete the Course Substitution. 

      General Academic Petitions should only be used for non-course substitution reasons, with a few exceptions. This includes:

      • Elective/Emphasis/Concentration Declarations if deviating from catalog or curriculum sheet
      • Study Abroad (IPC) course substitutions
      • Credit from non-regionally accredited institutions (after completion of 20 units at CPP)
      • Rescinding a previously submitted petition
      • Discontinued student petitions (graduate out of residency)
      • Any requests for catalog or specific policy​ exceptions

      If you need to submit a General Academic Petition for any of the following reasons, please contact a BAC advisor at for further information and guidance.

Office of Student Success Forms

Deadline Information