Graduation Pledge

4-Year California Promise Program

The California Promise ​Program enables a specific number of campuses of the California State University, including Cal Poly Pomona, to establish pledge programs for entering first-time students who are both interested and able to complete a bachelor's degree in four years. This legislatively-mandated program is limited to students who are California residents and meet specific criteria. 

You must be a California resident and a first-year student entering fall term in a declared major. You must also meet one of the following eligibility requirements: 

  • Be a first-generation student
  • Be Pell Grant or Dream Act eligible
  • Be from a high school located in a community with underrepresented college attendance (free and reduced lunch)

Architecture students are ineligible for the program. 

If you are eligible for the California Promise, you will receive an invitation to apply. This will be your only chance during your time at Cal Poly Pomona to apply.  

You will receive a confirmation email in your CPP inbox when we receive your application. If you're accepted, you'll receive a second email outlining your next steps in working with your advisor to create and submit an academic plan. 

If you're not eligible for the program or miss the application period, don't worry! You will still have access to your academic advisor, and you can still graduate within four years by planning for 30 semester units per year. Visit the Take 30 website to learn more about the benefits. 

To be a part of the California Promise, you must: 

  • Remain in the same major you selected when you came to CPP
  • Enroll in and maintain at least 15 units at Cal Poly Pomona in Fall 2020
    • Exception: due to COVID-19, students can enroll in a minimum of 12 units for fall 2020 term but must complete 30 units by the summer of their first year.
  • Successfully complete 30 semester units per year toward your degree
  • Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 
  • Complete GE Areas A2 and B4 (appropriate to your major) by spring semester of your first year
  • Earn a C- or better or CR (Credit/No Credit classes) in all of your courses
  • Keep your MyPlanner updated, and submit a copy to your college advising center every fall and spring term. Visit the Student Success Central Academic Calendar to find deadlines. To download or print a copy of your MyPlanner, click on the View as PDF button in MyPlanner. 

How to print your MyPlanner