Skip To Main Content

Ways to Share News

There are many ways to share news with the campus community, including the following:

PolyCentricPolyCentric — To suggest a news item or announcement for PolyCentric or simply make Strategic Communications aware of a situation, email or call (909) 869-3342. PolyCentric also publishes all the announcements listed in the PolyUpdates weekly email.

Events Calendar site.Events Calendar — Campus groups and departments can submit their events to be included in the Events Calendar using the submission form. In addition, you can request an event to be featured on the university home page by contacting the Department of Strategic Communications.

PolyUpdates email.PolyUpdates — PolyUpdates is a weekly email sent to all employees on Mondays. To submit an announcement to the weekly newsletter, email a short blurb about your item to by noon of the previous Thursday. The announcements listed in the email are also published on PolyCentric that week.

BroncoBytes email.BroncoBytes — A digest of news, events and announcements is sent to student email accounts every other week through BroncoBytes, a service of student affairs. Visit their site to submit your news or announcement.

social media icons.Social Media — Want to reach out via Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and/or LinkedIn? Go ahead and write on the wall or message us. Strategic Communications also uses PolyCentric material to create posts.

Poly Post newspaper.The Poly PostThe Poly Post is a weekly newspaper run by students. It is not the official communications of the university.

One of the electronic marquees on campus.Marquee — The university’s three electronic marquees communicate major university-related activities or news. The Department of Strategic Communications determines the frequency and length of messages to meet the needs of the campus community. Requests can be made online and must be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the desired display dates.

A student works on a chalk drawing in University Park.Campus Postings and Chalking — Informational flyers that are approved by the Office of Student Life can be tacked on bulletin boards and put on stakes at specific campus locations. Messages can also be chalked in specific campus areas. Visit the Office of Student Life website and click on “Posting & Chalking Policy” to learn more.