Existing Position/Replacement Temporary
This type of recruitment is a temporary replacement of an existing position, which a previous incumbent has vacated. This is a one year appointment that can be renewed up to 3 years. Funding has already been secured. Keep in mind, if the classification level goes up, this may require additional funding.
Below you will find the required documents that make a complete recruitment package for the replacement position in your area. They should be submitted in the order listed below.
1. Cover Memorandum which includes the following information:
- Indicate existing, temporary position
- Name of College/Department
- Working Title
- Indicate Full-time/Part-time (if part-time, indicate time base)
- Position Number
- Funding Source
- Length of Appointment
- Indicate start and end date
- Name of Person Replacing
- Date and Reason for Separation
- Brief paragraph outlining the details/justification of the position
- HEERA Manager's Name and Title
- Lead's Name and Title, if different than the HEERA Manager
2. Recruitment Request Form
Section A of this form must be completed. Since this is a temporary replacement position in your unit/area, indicate the name of the previous incumbent who held this position in the “Replacing” section, their reason for separation, and the date you request the position be filled.
In the “Employment Status” section, check the Temporary box and indicate the length of appointment.
In the “Qualifications & Requirements” section, summarize the information in # 17 from the position description.
Section B of this form requires approval signatures. The Department Chair or Supervisor and Dean or Department Head signatures must be obtained before submission to the Provost’s office. If the Chair or Supervisor and the Dean or Department Head is the same individual, please have that person sign in both boxes.
3. Position Description
Include a final version of the position description which has been reviewed by Sandra Bufalini, Manager, Employment/Compensation. The Provost’s office will verify the following items on the position description:
- Box #2 is left blank
- An individual’s name is included in both #8 & #9
- If the individual is the same person, indicate the person’s name in both boxes.
- #26 & #27 is signed by the individual listed in #8 & #9
- If the individual is the same person, please have them sign on both lines.
4. Organizational Chart
Include your current organizational chart which indicates current administrators and staff personnel within the unit/area. Also include this vacant position in your organizational chart.
For questions about the information requested above, please contact Madiha Choudhury, Employment, Compensation & Classification Analyst, at ext. 4528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.