New Position (probationary)
This type of recruitment is for an additional position to your unit/area. The funding for this position must be secured. This position is probationary to permanent status.
Below you will find the required documents that make a complete recruitment package for a new position in your area. They should be submitted in the order listed below.
1. Cover Memorandum which includes the following information:
- Name of College/Department
- Working Title
- Indicate Full-time/Part-time (if part-time, indicate time base (i.e. .50))
- Funding Source
- Brief paragraph outlining the details/justification of the position
- HEERA Managers Name and Title
- Leads Name and Title, if different than HEERA manager
2. Recruitment Request Form
Section A of this form must be completed. Since this is a new position in your unit/area, indicate N/A in the “Replacing” section. In the “Employment Status” section, check the Probationary box. In the “Qualifications & Requirements” section, summarize the information in # 17 from the position description.
Section B of this form requires approval signatures. The Department Chair or Supervisor and Dean or Department Head signatures must be obtained before submission to the Provost’s office. If the Chair or Supervisor and the Dean or Department Head is the same individual, please have that person sign in both boxes.
3. Position Description
Include a final version of the position description, which has been reviewed by Sandra Bufalini, Manager, Employment/Compensation before coming to the Provost's office. The Provost’s office will verify the following items on the position description:
- Box #2 is left blank
- An individual’s name is included in both #8 & #9
- If the individual is the same person, indicate the person’s name in both boxes.
- #26 & #27 is signed by the individual listed in #8 & #9
- If the individual is the same person, please have them sign on both lines.
4. Current Organizational Chart
Include your current organizational chart which indicates current administrators and staff personnel within the unit/area. Also include this new position in your organizational chart.
For questions about the information requested above, please contact Mahiha Choudhury, Employment, Compensation & Classification Analyst, at ext. 4528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.